top of page
210LEGACY_medium.jpg

Civic & Cultural

PUBLIC SPACES  |  INTERACTION   | LANDMARKS

Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts

Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra

In 1971, the former Loew’s Penn Movie Palace was renovated to become the home of the world renowned Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra as well as a venue for opera, ballet, and traveling performances.  Under the leadership and vision of Jack Heinz, the 2750 seat theater became the catalyst for the nationally recognized Pittsburgh Cultural District.  With its state-of-the-art main stage, orchestra pit and support facilities, the acoustics of the hall for symphonic music are second to none.

TYPE Renovation

SIZE +125,000 sqft.

HIGHLIGHTS

2,750 seats
Patron Lounges
Soundproof Rehearsal Room
Two-Ton Chandelier

Marilyn Horne Museum & Exhibit Center

University of Pittsburgh at Bradford

The Seneca Building, built in 1931, is a six-story Art Deco building located on Veteran’s Square in the heart of downtown Bradford, Pennsylvania. A part of the University of Pittsburgh, Bradford, serving its outreach programs, the first floor was renovated into a museum to house a portion of the archives of world renowned opera singer, Marilyn Horne, born in Bradford. Its community amenities includes a gift shop, coffee shop and multi-use lecture rooms. The museum will not only display historical treasures of Ms. Horne’s career, but include interactive displays as well as a small performance space.

TYPE  Renovation

 

SIZE  8,300 sqft.

 

HIGHLIGHTS

Gift Shop
Coffee Shop
Multi-Use Rooms
Restored Facade
Interactive Museum Exhibits